Estimate pipe, plumbing and ductwork more effectively with these tips!
Top 5 Estimating Best Practices to Generate More Winning Bids
1. Read the specifications. Don’t assume it’s the same old spec.
2. Take it off – as you’re going to actually install it. Don’t assume the system is designed for best cost and labor.
3. Sharpen your ax. Schedule monthly database pricing and labor updates on your calendar.
4. Re-visit your basic assumptions. i.e. Are you using that brand or type of “hanger” at that size.
5. Spend one afternoon a month, comparing estimated to actual.
There are a lot of new tools in an estimator’s tool box that are getting a lot of attention these days. But don’t forget about old, yet reliable and faithful tools that can still help you get the most out of your time.
What are your experiences with Estimating? Do you have any ideas to share?
<- Back to Blog
Learn the Estimating Best Practices to Generate More Winning Bids Call 800-813-7020 or Click Here for More Information